Thursday, June 21, 2012

Duct Tape Messenger Bag/Purse

Once I finished my Duct Tape Yoga Bag, I dove right into my next project, a duct tape messenger bag. I absolutely love making things, and duct tape is a wonderful medium. I quite enjoy working with it. Not to mention, I really want a new bag for the summer. So I picked up my Duck Brand duct tape, and went to town. A quick sketch, a few measurements, and I was all ready to begin.



I'm getting much better at making the duct tape fabric, though it's still a tad crooked.
I chose black and turquoise to go with the patterned duct tape I chose. Skulls!

Ready to be turned onto a bag.
Now, I'll admit, things were a bit tough there for a bit. But I manages. I even sewed through duct tape, which is quite the challenge. I actually broke a needle.

My rather sloppy stitching. Don't worry, though, it was covered up by duct tape in the end.
I did manage to sort of get it into a purse like shape.

The unfinished product.
And after running out of turquoise and black tape, and going out to buy even more, I managed to finish.

The completed bag.
So, my latest duct tape venture was a complete success. I learned exactly what to do, and what not to do, next time I make one.

If you're interested in a custom made duct tape bag, head over to my Etsy shop and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment