Thursday, June 21, 2012

Duct Tape Yoga Bag

Hello, and welcome to my very first post on the Creatization blog. For my very first foray into crafting with duct tape, I decided to make a bag for my yoga mat. Now, I've not actually done yoga before, but it's something that I've always wanted to try, and since I've found a great place near my house, I though, what best to motivate me than making a bag? I searched for several no-sew ideas, before coming to the conclusion that duct tape would be perfection. Staring at the selection at my local store, debating the colors, I decided the Genderqueer flag would be perfect. So that would be green, white, and purple as the main colors.

I started out making the duct tape fabric.


Very nice for a first try, in my opinion.
But as you can see, not all of the fabric sheets went so neatly.

I tidied it up in the end.
Eventually, I had two sides of the tube that would create the yoga mat bag.


With some amount of difficulty, I figured out how to put them together, none to neatly.


And the finished product!

Not the best picture. I need a model.


Altogether, I'm quite pleased with my first attempt at working with duct tape. Hopefully I can get a better picture. If you're interested in a custom duct tape yoga bag, do feel free to head over to my Etsy shop and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment